The Family Truckster

The Family Truckster

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Change in Course

I had (more or less) given up posting on this space due to a combination of factors: incredulity at the prospect that anyone cares about what I may think about an issue, the inverse relation of the new duties I have accrued of late to the amount of free time available to me, and (finally) fear at the prospect that my pastor might choose to check up on what I am writing.

That being said, my pastor asked me the other day whether I had a blog and I replied in the negative (giving him an honest assessment of why). To be totally honest, I had forgotten all about this space. However, I have noticed over the past weeks that many of my church family keep in touch with one another's lives through the blogosphere. I posted on another blog to this morning and, rather than do so anonymously, I remembered by blogger i.d., etc. and decided to revisit this page.

As you can imagine, I got the itch to blog again. I make no promises regarding how often I'll do so but I hope it will be more often than not. (Oh, boy...here we go.)

3 comments:

Brian Franklin said...

I think that this is you, Matt, but the hat obscures the beard. So, this blog could really belong to any guy with a blue shirt, cowboy hat, and lots of things to say.

Janelle said...

Glad to have you back in the world of blogging. I have to ask...why "Teenage Waistband?"

ninepoundhammer said...

Janelle: One of my favourite songs is 'Baba O'Reilly' by The Who, the refrain of which contains the phrase 'It's only teenage waste land.' I came up with the pun on the fly (you kids may call it 'free-styling') while singing along with it in the truck one day.
Teenage Waistband--I slay myself!! :)