The Family Truckster

The Family Truckster

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

You Can't Hide Your Lion Eyes

'Behold, he scatters his lightning about him and covers the roots of the sea.' ~ Job 36:30





Brian Franklin posted on his blog that he was struck by lightning yesterday! Praise the Lord he is alright and none-worse-for-the-wear. (I have often wondered why they use metal in umbrellas.) Although we understand (and have great hope in the fact) that God sovereignly controls everything, it is still somewhat rattling when something like that happens. We're glad that you're OK, Mr Franklin!! (And we're also grateful your fender-bender wasn't very serious either!)

Since he is unscathed, I don't think Brian would mind if I posted the dialogue from a scene from one of my favourite movies that relates to the topic:


Bartender: He's been struck by lightning... how many times has it been now, Reg?
Reg: S-s-s-s-s-s-s-six...
Chet: Wow! Six times?
Reg: S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-six…sixty…sixty-six times. In-n-n-n-n-n-n-In-n-n-n-n-n-n-In-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n the head!!
~ The Great Outdoors



'Drinking sweet tea is one of the oldest and most exceptional Southern traditions. As Dolly Parton's character in Steel Magnolias puts it, it's the "house wine of the South”.’



I KNEW IT--I TOLD YOU SO!! I TOLD YOU SO!!



‘But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God.’ ~ Ron Paul (Republican candidate for President)




Have you ever seen a liger (part lion, part tiger)?




‘It is the key that had the potential to save the Titanic.’


"It's clear what happened. CAIR pressured CBS in New York to take us off. I have always dealt with the issues of the day from a biblical worldview on my program," Keller told WND. "[The Bible] calls Islam a false religion. They took great offense. CBS caved."



‘Borders and landmarks are not merely man-made, humanistic ideas. Borders and landmarks are theological in nature and have reference to the fact that God is the sovereign owner of heaven and earth and God divides it to the nations, God divides it to the people as He wills.’ ~ Pastor John Weaver



To-day's Piece of Good Advice:




Can you be [homosexual] and Christian?

Top Ten Country Song Titles

10. How Can A Whiskey That's 6 Years Old Whup A Man That's 33?
9. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
8. My Every Day Silver Is Plastic
7. I Changed Her Oil, She Changed My Life
6. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
5. I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better
4. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out by Now
3. She Got the Gold Mine And I Got The Shaft
2. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
1. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly

1 comment:

Jacob Haynes said...

The song titles have me laughing, I especially like #2 and #4.

One pound of cottage cheese! I'll take the steak, pork chops, roast mutton, cabrito burritos, and the grilled chicken sandwich if you please.

Glad Brian survived his ordeal as well. Better than surviving is that now he has a story to last him till he's ninety.